Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012 Report

Assalamualaikum.

Last year, i've ended my running calendar with the Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM). But this year (due to some circumstances, eceh!), I started my running calendar with PBIM. Ironically it's already November, almost the end of the year.




I arrived at Queensbay around 12 am. I took the decision to come early because of the road closure & because of the fact that I could lost my way to Queensbay as I did last year. I parked my car & start examining the places. I need to know the location of the starting point, toilet, etc. I bought a bottle of drink & then, I sleep inside my car. The 'bed' is not comfortable but the wind does it job. Who needs an aircond?



I woke up around 3.45 am and change my outfit (aku tak mandi), eat my gardenia, drink, warm up, and walk to the starting line. Then, i did a slow jog and pace with some of the runners as part of the warm up session (I don't know who they are, tapi join je la.haha.).



When the race start i run smoothly but I'm a bit worried because the lack of practises. I run in a pace I used to & started to pace with a group of foreigners (bukan foreigners kenyan ye, yang ni cap ayam macam aku). If I'm not mistaken, they are four of them. The 10K feels so long since i havent compete for almost a year.



When I reach the bridge, the foreigners went ahead & tinggalkan daku kesepian. During this time the 10K Junior runners already released and went mad. They run like their life depends on it. I thought their body is made of paper. They look very smooth and almost get themselves flying.



I maintained my pace but i always slow down my step whenever i reach the water station. When i realised there is only half kilo to go, i longer my stride and push ahead. I end up my race very well. I think i can still improve my timing, If i started my training earlier. I will update this blog when the official timing released by the organiser.



On the bright side I notice that my legs up to the challenge even after a year of absence from the running event. I manage to run non-stop up until the finish line. But next time, i need to bring a tent and a toilet! (if possible). Because many of the toilet da kena bommm!


P/s: Bila result nak kluaq ni?!!

Source of picture :     
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgNF1y_DYWS3U0P837hgZYig1a-jgksgL3mpWPV1AnzoZKVpS9MVP5U_DHVZD4j4SVNBVSxmbj3YI-r0V6NwNug6PuyTjo3Ix24-mzIZl8yc4OY4jx_n_qC_f0Kl_hoeYxgllePXz0DpKk/s1600/Penang+Bridge+Marathon.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment